Dr. Andrés A. Maldonado
Specialist in Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery
Medical Degree (M.D.) from the Autonomous University of Madrid (Spain). Grade: Outstanding.
Doctoral thesis at Heidelberg University, Germany. Grade: Magna Cum Laude.
USMLE (United State Medical License Examination). Step 1, 2 and 3. ECFMG Certificate Number: 0-794-029-9.
Residency program in Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at Getafe University Hospital, Madrid, Spain.
European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (FEBOPRAS).
European Board of Hand Surgery (FEESH).
Microsurgery Clinical Fellowship, Plastic Surgery Department, The University of Chicago, USA. The only European national to have graduated in this program until now.
Peripheral Nerve Surgery Clinical Fellowship. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA. The only European national to have graduated in this program.
Faculty in Plastic Surgery, Madrid (Spain) and Frankfurt (Germany). Coordinator of the peripheral nerve & brachial plexus units in both institutions.
Private practice Maldonado & Cristóbal.
- Pubmed indexed Publications: 55. H-index: 14. ORCID: 0000-0002-3703-5667
- International book chapters: 10.
- Editorial Board in american Journals: 2.
- International podium presentations: 36.
- ANECA accreditation: Professor.
- Current lines of research: Peripheral nerve and lymphedema surgery.
- Adjunct Associated Professor, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA.
- Professor and coordinator of plastic surgery at European University of Madrid.
- Teaching collaborator, Goethe-Universität, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Residency program director, Getafe University Hospital, Madrid, Spain.
- Spanish Society of Plastic, Reconstructive
and Aesthetic Surgery (SECPRE)
- European Association of Plastic Surgeons (EURAPS)
- American Society Reconstructive Microsurgery (ASRM)
- American Society for Peripheral Nerve (ASPN)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft der Plastischen, Rekonstruktiven und Ästhetischen Chirurgen (DGPRÄG)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Handchirurgie (DGH)
- Spanish Society of Microsurgery (AEM)